CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About Me

My photo
I'm me and I'm the best me I know! Tee hee. I'm a wife to the best man any girl could ask for. I'm Mom to the two most beautiful girls, Natalie (7 years) and Alexis (4 years)! Skruffy is our dog, whom we all love very much. I got my elementary education degree from Washington State University...Go Cougs!!! I enjoy reading and writing children's stories, listening to music, dancing (even though I suck at it), and spending time with family and friends.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Some random ramblings

I need new ideas for books to read. I'm almost done with the series I've been working on for the past couple months. If you have any suggestions, I'm open for new authors. The series I've been reading lately is the Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Straud. It's a really good series. I would highly recommend it. Before that I was reading the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer, another great series. Though I think he's come out with some new ones that I haven't read yet so maybe I'll have to go to the local library around here, sign up and borrow his latest works. But I am open for new authors/genres/books. It never hurts to expand and try out new authors/genres. It seems I've been liking the fantasy genre, so maybe something different.

Peter and I went and saw the new Mummy movie. It was OK, but we were very distracted that they had a different actress playing the main female character. They kept making little jokes that referenced the earlier movies, that would have been funny had it been the same actress. Other than that small hangup for us, it was a pretty good movie, had a slow start, but overall it was entertaining. I love the theater up here. On the weekends they only charge $5 for admission for the shows before noon. You can't beat that, right?

Hmmmm what else. Not much. Did you notice that I changed the slide show? If not, check it out! I think I'm going to do that instead of making picture posts. Those are always so long. Maybe, if there's only one or two pictures that I'd like to share, I'll just make a post with them, but when there's more than that, I'll make them into slide shows. Hope you all are doing well!

No comments: