This weekend was fun, crazy, but a lot of fun. (Side note, I'm having a lot of help typing from Alexis at the moment and I'm trying to catch everything she does, but in case I miss something and it seems a little weird, I blame her :))
Anyway, Mom and Tom were up this weekend. They got here a little before 4 in the afternoon on Saturday and we met them at their hotel and went swimming. `1The girls had a BLAST!!! The water was so cold, even though it was an indoor supposedly heated pool. We weren't sure if Alexis would like it or not so we 1took her in slowly, and she loved it. She had the biggest grin on her face pretty much the whole time! The only time that she wasn't smiling was when anyone else tried to take her. She was glued to momma, but that's fine with me. Natalie loved 'swimming' to Peter, Mo3m and Tom. T`hey worked with her a lot on kicking. It made me think of how badly I need to get her into swimming lessons. Of course I didn't think to bring the camera so I wasn't able to get any pictures :(. Oh well, Mom will come up to visit again and maybe then I'll remember.
After swimming we all went to dinner at Lorenzo's, a Mexican restaurant.... and boy was it good!!! My new favorite Mexican restaurant ever!! Yummy. It was actually funny, because we ran into Peter's parents and Betsy and Justin there (They had to come up because Justin's grandfather had passed and they were attending his funeral on Sunday). We had no idea they were going to be there. If they weren't already half way through their food, we might have had them join us, or joined them, whatever.
But after dinner, we all went up to the house so that Mom and Tom could see where we are staying. Shocking, but Mom hasn't ever been up here before. We hung out and laughed a lot. The girls had a lot of fun playing with everyone. Alexis did shockingly well with how many people were around (12 people in all, including the girls), two of which she's only seen twice in her life. She played with Betsy a lot! Natalie had fun just showing off, she is such a ham and demands to be the center of attention whenever anyone different is around. When Mom and Tom left for their hotel, Alexis wanted to immediately go to bed, which makes sense since it was about an hour after her normal bed time. So there she went and Natalie got to play for a little while longer with Aunt Betsy. Then Aunt Betsy got her ready for bed and tucked her in. Poor Aunt Betsy, who hasn't ever had experience tucking in a child who doesn't like to go to bed, got sucked into reading book after book after book. After she had been up there for over half an hour, Peter went up and rescued her.... she would probably still be there if Natalie had anything to do with it ;).
Betsy and Justin left early Sunday morning for his grandfather's funeral. When the Peter, the girls and I had eaten breakfast, we went down to the hotel and went swimming again. Well, they went swimming, Alexis and I sat it the hot tub. I didn't feel like freezing again that early in the morning. There was another little girl there that Natalie befriended immediately. I was very impressed, she was 3 almost 4, and she could swim (sort of.... more like float badly)... which drove in the matter that I need to get Natalie into swimming lessons even more..... It was cute, she was trying to teach Natalie how to swim. After about an hour of swimming/hot tubbing we all went bowling. I like the bowling here, on Sundays it's only $1.50 a person a game. The place we went to in Vancouver was $4.50. So we have designated Sundays as our bowling days whenever the need comes up.
After bowling, Mom and Tom had to head back. We really enjoyed their visit, and Natalie says she can't wait until we can see them again.
Pippa's Ice Cream Party
2 weeks ago
1 comment:
Sounds like you guys had a fabulous weekend! Fun, Fun, Fun!!!! Omg, we really need to get together soon.
Post a Comment