Hope everyone had a great three day weekend and an awesome 4th! We did! Peter's brother, Charley, and his dad got a bunch of fireworks from an indian reservation, so they were the good kind. We set off about two hours worth of our own fireworks and watched the professional displays as well. Peters parents' house is on top of a big hill, so all we had to do was sit out on their deck and was able to see each city's firework display... there were 5 of them in total. It's so neat being able to see the displays every way you turn. Alexis went to bed her normal time, of 8:00, and Natalie tried really really hard to stay awake to watch all the fireworks, but she was asleep in my lap around 10. By the end of it all, my poor bum was numb and sore.... I don't know how each of those can happen, but it did.
Peter and I also got the opportunity to celebrate our 6 year wedding anniversary. Peter planned a hole day of events and surprised me with each step. He treated me to breakfast and a movie, and his parents treated us to watching the girls all day and making us a wonderful dinner! It was nice! In between the movies and dinner, Peter and I went to a couple stores and just hung out! One of the stores we went into was Stupid Prices/No Tax. I have never been in one before, but they had some pretty cool stuff in there. We also went into their furniture store, and I tell you, when it comes time that we have our own house, we are totally going there first to furnish it. They had some pretty great deals on stuff. If we had the money there was a couple of things I would have liked to buy now! Haha. Anyway, if you have one in your area, I suggest you go in and check it out!
Other than that, not much has been going on around here. Peter has been training really hard for his physical test that's coming up in a couple days. He's good on the running and push ups, but is still struggling with the sit ups. But he'll get there. I've been going on walks when he goes on the run. We walk together down Peter's driveway, and then he starts to run and I continue to walk and turn around when I see him turn around, and then when he catches up to me again, we walk back up the driveway (which is the hardest part....). In total I walk about two miles round trip. So hopefully, that will help me get back in shape and loose a little weight!
Pippa's Ice Cream Party
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment