Ever since I made my decision a strange calm had fallen over me. A peace. As heartbreaking, and difficult, as that decision was, it was a relief to not be stressing and worrying over it.
I've been putting a lot of thought into what I want to do. Do I want to leave the teaching realm altogether? Or do I want to try to do something related/involved with children? I decided I'd rather do something related with children since that really is my passion. At first I thought about opening a franchise of a teaching store; the kind of store that sells fun teaching things like bulletin boarders, and note pads, and awards, and a whole lot of other things. I love those stores and the closest one in this area is in Bellingham. But that wouldn't give me the interaction with the kids.
So I kept thinking, and someone briefly mentioned that I should start a preschool. I loved that idea! So I've started the process of opening and running my own preschool and daycare! The process has just started, so I don't know all the details. Yesterday I took the first step. There is an orientation that you have to go to to be able to even apply for a day care license. There was a lot of useful information (and a lot of helpful resources) at this orientation. It will be a long, hard process, but I think I'm up for the challenge, a new challenge!
Pippa's Ice Cream Party
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment