CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About Me

My photo
I'm me and I'm the best me I know! Tee hee. I'm a wife to the best man any girl could ask for. I'm Mom to the two most beautiful girls, Natalie (7 years) and Alexis (4 years)! Skruffy is our dog, whom we all love very much. I got my elementary education degree from Washington State University...Go Cougs!!! I enjoy reading and writing children's stories, listening to music, dancing (even though I suck at it), and spending time with family and friends.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Bucket List Update

Our summer has flown by!  Our summer bucket list hasn't had much progress.  Much of that is due to the busyness and the extra things I didn't have planned that we had to do during the week as well, such as Alexis starting gymnastics once a week, Natalie being in therapy twice a week and her skating twice a week.  Honestly, those things have taken up so much of my/our time, the bucket list has taken a back burner.  But there have been a few things that we've been able to cross off:


  • Have a Disney movie marathon - During one of the really hot days this week, the girls and I stayed indoors and they dressed up like princesses and we watched a lot of princess movies!  It was a lot of fun!  Notice in the picture that the girls are wearing headbands a little weirdly.... They couldn't find any of their princess crowns, so Natalie came up with the idea to wear the headbands as crowns instead.  A little bit of ingenuity!
  • Picnic at the park - Well technically it was a picnic at the beach, but that still counts right??? Maybe in the next few weeks we still have of summer, we'll go to the park for a picnic too.....
  • Go putt putt golfing

That's all we've done.  Unfortunately, there are a few things that will not be able to get done this summer.
  • Go for a hike once a week... that's only 11 hikes - The first couple weeks, we tried, but the weather was always uncooperative and wasn't condusive for hiking.  After that, I just gave up on this one.
  • Get Alexis out of Pull Ups at night - She just isn't quite ready.... :(
  • Learn Spanish
  • Sew curtains for the living room, dining room, and the girls' room - Hahahahaha I should have known this one was too ambitious.... lol
  • Zip Lining with Peter - I didn't realize how EXPENSIVE zip lining is..... sigh.....
  • Lose 10-15 pounds - I've tried, but with all the other stuff going on, my workouts (and diet change) have not been what I've wanted them to be, BUT I have lost 5 pounds, so that's not too bad.... 
There are a few others that probably won't get done, but they're not impossible to get done, so maybe with a little focus, they will.

No comments: