CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About Me

My photo
I'm me and I'm the best me I know! Tee hee. I'm a wife to the best man any girl could ask for. I'm Mom to the two most beautiful girls, Natalie (7 years) and Alexis (4 years)! Skruffy is our dog, whom we all love very much. I got my elementary education degree from Washington State University...Go Cougs!!! I enjoy reading and writing children's stories, listening to music, dancing (even though I suck at it), and spending time with family and friends.

Friday, August 13, 2010

I'VE BEEN...

BEAN BOOZLED!!!
This week the Jelly Belly jelly bean company has been on tour promoting their Bean Boozled variety of their jelly beans. Tuesday they were in Burlington, and thanks to Granma Kathy calling to let
us know, so we went in to try them out. There are 20 flavors, but only 10 colors, so each color has two different flavors; one good and one gross. Anyway, they had a spinner, and a wonderful gentleman who was absolutely
into the ordeal and sold you on anything! So you would spin the spinner, and it would land on one of the combinations: chocolate pudding or canned dog food, peach or barf, banana or pencil shavings, black licorice or skunk spray, caramel corn or moldy cheese, strawberry or centipede, coconut or baby wipes, juicy pear or booger,
buttered popcorn or rotten eggs, and (the better combo) berry blue or toothpaste. So Natalie spins the wheel and she lands on a space that she gets to choose her jelly bean out of three options, and she chose buttered popcorn or rotten egg and got the buttered popcorn. When Alexis spun, the guy stopped the wheel at the berry blue or
toothpaste (saved specially for little kids!) and she got the toothpaste. When I spun, it passed the chocolate pudding or canned food space onto something else, but my stinker of a daughter, Natalie, really wanted me to have that option, so she quickly pushed it back onto that space... stinker butt!!! So being the good sport I
am, I went ahead and did that. Guess what I got! You got it, the canned dog food…. GROSS!!!!!!!! Natalie asked if she could try again, and the guy said she could choose another option, anything but the berry blue or toothpaste option. So she chose to try the coconut or baby wipe option. Again, she got lucky and got the coconut option.
So we left and I looked at Wal-Mart and Safeway for these, but they didn’t have at all. They were having another stop in Stanwood on Wednesday, so I decided since we had so much fun, we’d drive down and do it again! (All these pictures are from Wednesday, because I didn’t think to bring the camera on Tuesday… Another reason I wanted
to go again on Wednesday!) This time, I brought my friend, and co-worker, Antony, who is from Kenya, and, which I learned Tuesday night, had never heard of jelly beans before, so I thought he might enjoy the experience as well. Natalie, again went first, and she got peach or barf. She got lucky, again, and got peach. Alexis went next, the guy stopped it at the berry blue or toothpaste again (again, I can’t tell you how awesome this guy was! He was having as much fun talking the wimps... mostly adults:)… into taking the chance and trying a Bean Boozled Bean!) This
time, we couldn’t get out of her what she had. I’m thinking it was the berry blue and she didn’t recognize the flavor and, therefore, couldn’t tell us. Lucky child! Antony went next and got the buttered popcorn or rotten egg. He too, got lucky. It was my turn again (no pictures….of this one). I was a bit apprehensive, but I spun the
wheel anyway. And can you guess what I landed on? Chocolate pudding or canned dog food, again (this time I actually landed on it so I guess it was a bit different...)! I went ahead and ate it and sure enough, I got the canned dog food…. GROOOOOSSSSSSS!!! Believe it or not, it’s worse the second time around :)! The guy let Natalie try
again, after a little bit of begging on my part, and again she got lucky! I teased Natalie that if it were legal, I would give her $10 to buy some lottery tickets! I was so happily frustrated…. I was the only one who got a yucky flavor both days. So I went into the Hagens, the store the tour bus was at, thinking that they should at least
be selling the product being promoted outside… Nope. I asked where we could get some, and he said the closest store selling them was in Tulalip. So down to the outlet mall in Tulalip we went. I was NOT going to be the only one to get a gross flavor!!!!!! It was totally worth the drive down to get the box. The box came with it’s own spinner so we
all played the game again, and again, and again right there in the parking lot! Finally, Natalie got a (few) yucky ones! The expression on her face was totally worth the drive. When we got back into Mount Vernon, we decided to stop by the health club and try it on a few people there. The owners were in their office, and Antony (who
knows them so much better than I do, otehrwise, I wouldn't have tried them) said we should try it out on them first. Much to my surprise, they were game and tried it. They all got yucky flavors, moldy cheese, baby wipes and rotten egg! We went into the club, and got so many people to try. I was a bit surprise at some people who I thought would never try it actually did, and then others, who I thought would be great sports with it, would not try it out at all! Just goes to show you... you can never know everything about everyone :)! But others, who I thought would be great sports with it, would not try it out at all! Just goes to show you, you can't tell everything about everyone... But
the experience was so much fun!!! If you are ever in a store that actually has these in stock, I totally recommend you pick up a box. It's been a long time since I've had so much nonsense fun! And even longer since I've laughed so freaking hard! The girls, and I think even Antony, had a lot of fun too! The girls ate so many of them, just for the
experience, or thrill, I'm not sure which,probably both, to get a yucky one! Some of the faces made by everyone have been PRICELESS!!!!











And finally, one last picture to prove that I don’t talk my friends and co-workers into this kind of thing without doing it myself! I believe I got the moldy cheese in this picture! Still gross, but nothing as bad as that canned dog food (which I had to do on a couple different occasions because Natalie loved my face that I made with it)!

2 comments:

Christel said...

LOL AWESOME! I've never heard of this before, it sounds like fun! What kind of store do you have to get them at?

Stephanie said...

We got them at Rocky Mt. Chocolate Factory. If you go to their website, www.jellybelly.com, it will tell you a store that sells them. Totally worth it!