CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About Me

My photo
I'm me and I'm the best me I know! Tee hee. I'm a wife to the best man any girl could ask for. I'm Mom to the two most beautiful girls, Natalie (7 years) and Alexis (4 years)! Skruffy is our dog, whom we all love very much. I got my elementary education degree from Washington State University...Go Cougs!!! I enjoy reading and writing children's stories, listening to music, dancing (even though I suck at it), and spending time with family and friends.

Monday, August 2, 2010

203

A couple months ago, I had set myself a goal... to lose 50 pounds in 6 months.... and failed miserably! The first few months I took a bootcamp class and I did OK with that and even went in a few times on my own to workout. I lost about 10 pounds. After the price of the class went up to a point that I couldn't afford it anymore, I totally lost motivation for many different reasons.

The title of this post, is the amount I weigh as of Friday, when I weighed myself for the first time in a long time. Ugh! I had been putting weighing myself off for a long time because I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. I have to do something about this, but I also know that I've struggled with things in the past. So this weekend I made myself analyze my history and figure out what worked and what got in my way of being successful in my past goals.

When I did the bootcamp, I put money towards it, and that was when I was doing my best. It held me accountable because I didn't want that money to go to waste. Once that ended, I didn't have that. Also, I was on my own, I didn't have a personal trainer telling me what to do. The few times I went in to the gym, or even doing things at home, I didn't know what to do, I was lost. Another reason I failed, is that the gym is so far away, and I'm there 5 nights a week and really I didn't want to be there any more than I had to. I also didn't have anywhere for the girls to go to, and the only time I could go in was Sunday and Monday evening after Peter got off of work. But that was a problem in itself because Sundays and Monday evenings are really the only times I get to spend with Peter, and I didn't want to give that up. My home workouts were a disaster, because I got too distracted with the girls, chores, TV, computer, etc.

Yes those are all excuses, but they were the reasons that things weren't working. I had to figure out a way to overcome all those excuses. So I came up with a plan. I've decided, finally, to enroll the girls in my gym's Kids Club and I sat down with what I do know from the different programs the club offers, and their fitness class schedule and made myself a schedule of daily, Monday-Saturday, workout! I made it detailed so I know exactly what I'm doing each day. I'm also keeping a workout journal so I can reflect daily/weekly on my progress.

Today was my first day. The club has been pushing to our new members that they should know where they've started so later they can know their progress. So that is what I did today. A quick, short workout, that I recorded my starting point. I ran for 12 minutes and went 0.89 miles. I did 52 crunches in a minute and 13, VERY weak, push-ups from my knees. I still have to measure my waist, hips, thighs, chest, and biceps today.

My goals:
1. To weigh 140-150 pounds, by August 1, 2011.
2. To be able to run 2 miles in that 12 minutes, be able to do full sit-ups for that minute and do much better in my pushu-ps.
3. Stick with my schedule and not lose motivation.
4. Eat better!!

So wish me luck in my new journey. I feel very confident and motivated and commited to this journey! I know there will be days that I feel discouraged, and ready to give up, but I have the support of my family and, hopefully, my friends to get me through those times!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, What a brave thing to put down in words. You put a tear in my eye because the excuses you give are exactly the same I give and I'm sure many others do to. Way to put yourself on your list of priorities. Keep me updated on your progress!

Allison R .

Unknown said...

Wow, Stephanie, I'm impressed! I'm excited for you too. Go forth and conquer your goal - you can do it!

Anonymous said...

No luck needed! Hard work will pay off, end of story!!

-Mary Ellen Hodges

Christel said...

Good for you my dear. I know you can do it. Lets try to really focus on keeping our blog updated with our progress as we go too. I know its one more thing to do, but you're right, it is another way to keep track of what we are doing as we go as another way of tracking progress. Maybe we should also post some healthy recipes we try and like, or better yet, the families like.

I am proud of you! You go girl!