CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About Me

My photo
I'm me and I'm the best me I know! Tee hee. I'm a wife to the best man any girl could ask for. I'm Mom to the two most beautiful girls, Natalie (7 years) and Alexis (4 years)! Skruffy is our dog, whom we all love very much. I got my elementary education degree from Washington State University...Go Cougs!!! I enjoy reading and writing children's stories, listening to music, dancing (even though I suck at it), and spending time with family and friends.

Friday, August 14, 2009

We're still around!

I was told that I needed to do an update. Not much has really been going on, just everyday life around here.

Peter has been working for about a month now! The time has flown by! He's still driving down the Everett and Marysville, but they're saying that next week will be his last week doing that. Our budget for gas will appreciate that very much! Luckily our wonderful diesle Jetta gets GREAT gas milage so it's not that bad. He is enjoying working again and he likes his job and the people he works with! That makes things so much easier!

I've been getting to stay at home with the girls and we have been having lots of fun! If we're not playing outside, we're partying inside! I had a fun video of the girls dancing that I was going to upload, but after hours and hours and three failed attempt I'm giving up!

Natalie and I have been working on reading and spellling. She's really into spelling different words and I have been encouraging her very much. In about 2.5 weeks she'll be starting kindergarten. Although that in itself is turning into more of a hassle than you would think. The lady we had set up to watch the girls while I was going to sub backed out on us. There is a daycare right down the road from us and the school Natalie is supposed to go to, but she only takes school aged kids and doesn't really want to do kindergarten because they only go half days. She says that if she gets other mothers interested she'll reconsider the kindergarten age kids. So even if she does reconsder, we'd have to find somewhere else for Alexis to go to. All the other daycare/babysitters are out of the boundry lines for that school. So I have to figure out what other parents do, because I can't be the only mother who works, or figure out how to transfer her into a different school where I have more options for daycare. Frusterating! But Natalie is excited to start school again!

Alexis is getting bigger by the day it seems. I looked at her the other day and was shocked at how big she's gotten. She's definately not a baby anymore.... more of a kid now. Her vocabulary is getting bigger and she is talking in complete sentences now. She's very independent as well. Which sometimes causes arguments between the girls. Natalie is sometimes still under the mind set that Alexis is still a baby and needs help with everything, and Alexis wants to figure it out by herself.

Still no word on a few of the teaching positions I've applied for. Although I called on Wednesday for one of them and they hadn't called for interviews yet. And I have to turn in two letters of intent this afternoon. So there is still hope. But I'm OK with another year of subbing.

No comments: