CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About Me

My photo
I'm me and I'm the best me I know! Tee hee. I'm a wife to the best man any girl could ask for. I'm Mom to the two most beautiful girls, Natalie (7 years) and Alexis (4 years)! Skruffy is our dog, whom we all love very much. I got my elementary education degree from Washington State University...Go Cougs!!! I enjoy reading and writing children's stories, listening to music, dancing (even though I suck at it), and spending time with family and friends.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

I DID IT!!!

I finally, successfully, pulled off a prank on Peter without giving it away by laughing and looking obvious! I found a fake $5,000 winning scratch ticket today at work. OK I admit that for a few minutes I thought I was the luckiest girl on earth....;) But after reading that "Winning tickets of $100 or more must be sent by mail to the Money Fairy, 123 NoWhere Drive, in Make-Believe Land" I figured it out. But I kept the ticket and practiced over and over again exactly what I was going to say and looking excited without looking mischevious in the car on the way home (I'm sure everyone who saw me must have thought I was nuts!) So first thing when I got home, I gave it to Peter and told him that I won. I didn't say another word. He looked at it and saw that it was a $5,000 winner and got VERY excited! He was jumping up and down laughing and yelling "We won!!!" He showed his dad the ticket and he said that it was very cool! Peter then starts 'spending' the money. He says now we can pay off the credit cards with that and put the money we have saved up as a down payment for a new car. He went on for about 20 minutes. The whole time I was very good and didn't start laughing hysterically, well maybe I was, but he attributed that to my being excited and not what it really was. It wasn't until he decided to figure out where to cash it in that he figured it out. It was hilarious when he did finally realized that it was fake. He yelled, "Ah Crap!" and threw the card down at me, because by this time I was on the floor laughing! So funny! The rest of the night you could hear him mumbling something about how he couldn't believe he fell for it! Finally, the prankee got the pranker!!!!

2 comments:

Christel said...

LOL Go you!!!!

The road less traveled... said...

LMAO! That is one of those moments where it would be awesome to be a fly on the wall. Reminds me of the time Betsy made a "surprise" trip home the same time you guys came to visit a few years ago!