CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About Me

My photo
I'm me and I'm the best me I know! Tee hee. I'm a wife to the best man any girl could ask for. I'm Mom to the two most beautiful girls, Natalie (7 years) and Alexis (4 years)! Skruffy is our dog, whom we all love very much. I got my elementary education degree from Washington State University...Go Cougs!!! I enjoy reading and writing children's stories, listening to music, dancing (even though I suck at it), and spending time with family and friends.

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Awesomness... part 2

OK I did say I was going to go into a more in depth update about my weekend. So here goes.... this is going to be a picture heavy so beware...

We arrived in Vancouver, early afternoon on Saturday and just hung out at Mom's house! It was good to hang out and catch up on how Mom is doing.




Alexis LOVES this hat! She would be wearing it whenever we were at the house. The first thing she'd do was go find that hat and put it on.





Except when she would make Mommy wear it. Don't I look pimp? Hehe






On Saturday we got to go kayaking. Neither Peter nor I had ever been kayaking before, and, of course, neither has Natalie, so we were all excited to go!




While every one else was getting ready, Natalie got to float around and pretend she was kayaking by herself.






Isn't she doing GREAT?!?! Hehe, she was having so much fun!







Of course, once everyone else was ready to go, Gramma went with her.







Peter is excited!








Peter is getting his "How to Paddle a Kayak" lesson.







There he is, all alone in his kayak! What a big boy, I'm so proud of him!!! Hehehe






There they goooooooooooooooo!








Since someone had to stay ashore with Alexis, and there were only three boats, Kathi, Alexis and I hung around and played on the beach while they went out.




For some reason, Alexis started out the day being a bit cranky and attached to Mom.

Me and my beautiful sister! (And yes, Alexis is still attached to my legs, and yes, I'm ignoring her for a moment or two.)


After awhile, she felt comfortable enough to venture off of my legs and check out some rocks!

Until Kathi tried to get a picture with her...







...and then we were back to this. :(

But then they found the water and Kathi had the ingenious idea to throw rocks into the water!




Alexis thought this was a great idea as well and cheered right up! And she warmed right up to Kathi within seconds!





After awhile, we got this! Kisses!!!!! Which of course, made Kathi giddy!


In the background you can see Gramma and Natalie coming back! I love this picture though, it has 4 of the most important girls in my life in it, but totally done unintentionally!







Natalie enjoyed wearing that life jacket. For some reason she thought I'd just let her run out and go swimming by herself with it on... she was mistaken. :)







After awhile, the pants got too wet, and had to come off. Which, of course, didn't bother Alexis at all! She loves running around in just a diaper!







Finally the boys came back too.








But Alexis wanted to go fro a ride too. But we figured that would be a little to risky for the time being.







And then it was my turn!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!







I can't tell tell you how much fun kayaking is! I was a little surprised on how much I enjoyed it! It is so very relaxing!





So I've debated back and forth with myself on whether to include this picture or not... It's a great picture...... except for the stupid expression on my face! So I may look like a retard, but at least its a great picture of me looking like a retard!... right???

It's difficult getting out of a kayak... especially for first timer big butts like me! ;)






And for the last picture of our kayaking experience, I thought I'd share this picture. This is a family who brought their little dog with them. Before this picture, the dog was swimming in the lake just fine, and having a blast I might add. But, for some strange reason, they decided to pull it out of the water. "To do what?" you might ask. To put a life vest on it! Of all the silly things I've ever seen, I think this may rank up there in the top 5! And, I might add this as well, the poor little pooch was able to escape them a couple times to go swimming without the vest, but they were determined that it needed the stupid life vest and eventually they won. I think the dog struggled more with it on than without.....

And I think I'm going to leave this post at that! There will be a part 3 to this saga though. I have another whole day to post about. But with the pictures taking so long to attach to the post, it's taken me hours (stretched out over a couple days, of course) already to get this one prepared. Maybe later today I'll start the next one! Something for you to look forward to!

1 comment:

Christel said...

I love the pictures and the update! Thank you so much for FINALLY posting it. :) hehe