So it's been awhile since I've posted anything, and even longer since I've done an actual update. So here goes.
It seems that the past couple of weeks have been busy. There was one week where I had two interviews and Peter had an interview all in the same day. Needless to say that day was a bit hectic. One of those interviews I got the job for! I am the newest receptionist at Riverside Health Club I started training on Tuesday, went in again yesterday, and go in again on Friday and Saturday. I go in alone for the first time on Sunday. I think its a bit odd that they have so many training days for this position. It really isn't that difficult. The hardest part of it is finding all the products in the computer part of it and that just takes looking around once you know how to do it. I had it mostly down the first day. So yesterday I just did what I needed to do and snooped around trying to find all the products and stuff that I'll have to possibly ring out every now and then. But its a fun part time job and I'm excited for it. The best part about the whole thing is that both Peter and I get free memberships to the club!
I also got my login and password information to be able to get some subbing jobs! YAY! So my plan is to next week start subbing as much as I can! I'm really really nervous about my first day whenever that will be. It's been a LONG time since I've been in a classroom. Hopefully things will come back to me quickly!
Peter has had a couple interviews as well, but he's getting a bit frustrated because they're either not for the original position he's applied for, or they won't pay him what he deserves. He actually had one company say to him that they were looking at him because he had his college degree but that it wouldn't be considered in the amount they would pay him, which was 10 grand less a year than what he was making before he had his degree. Ummmm how the heck does that work? Yeah not so much. So he gets to be a stay at home dad, while I bring in the bacon for a change. HEHE.
Natalie is doing wonderfully. We're waiting to hear if she's been accepted to a preschool here. I'm hoping that she gets accepted. It is based on income and is geared toward the lower income based. If we don't qualify for that then I don't know who would. She's becoming so independent and helpful. She loves to help prepare dinner where ever she can, such as setting the table, getting stuff out of the fridge/freezer/cupboards, etc. She's also been doing some chores as well. She unloads the silverware out of the dishwasher, she cleans up all the toys every afternoon just before dinner, and she makes her own bed. Most of the time she does these willingly; it's only occasionally that I really have to get on her to do them. I'm enjoying that while it lasts, lol.
And finally Alexis. I'm amazed at how big she is! Even though she's staying a 'baby' a lot longer than Natalie did, she's still starting to become a 'kid'. She's really into climbing lately. She's figured out that if she moves Natalie's stool, she can use it to climb into the couch and chairs. It's very rare anymore that she lets someone else help her. She's not saying much still. She's very slow developing in that area. Which is totally ok with me so far. If she's still not saying anything when she turns two, I'll start worrying. But for now she's just fine in my eyes! But just because she's not 'talking' doesn't mean she's not noisy! I think we're getting into the sibling rivalry stages. Natalie, at times, tries to be too helpful, or decides she wants whatever toy Alexis has and tries to take it, and Alexis lets her know that she doesn't like it, by screaming and/or hitting. It's hard as a mom to know which one to correct, Natalie for taking the toy (or invading her sister's space), or Alexis for screaming and hitting. It usually turns into a "Alexis don't hit, and Natalie you need to back off from your sister." kind of thing.
Anyway, that's what's been going on with us. Nothing super exciting I suppose, but it's been keeping us busy.
Pippa's Ice Cream Party
2 weeks ago
1 comment:
Thanks for the update! I don't think there's anything to worry about Alexis not "talking" yet, either. She probably doesn't have a real need to yet, Natalie and everyone just takes care of her. It will come. :)
Post a Comment