CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About Me

My photo
I'm me and I'm the best me I know! Tee hee. I'm a wife to the best man any girl could ask for. I'm Mom to the two most beautiful girls, Natalie (7 years) and Alexis (4 years)! Skruffy is our dog, whom we all love very much. I got my elementary education degree from Washington State University...Go Cougs!!! I enjoy reading and writing children's stories, listening to music, dancing (even though I suck at it), and spending time with family and friends.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Some more documentation.....

Three quick stories/documentations to remember!

1.
Alexis's first day of preschool was very successful! They had the first day as a Mommy and Me day and only an hour for the kids to get used to the room and teachers. Alexis did wonderfully!!! I did learn that she's beyond her age in logic though. While playing in the kitchen area with one of her teachers, she was washing the dishes. When her teacher asked if she helps wash the dishes at home, Alexis responded, "Why would I do that? That's what Mommy does!" Sigh, glad I'm good at my job!

2.
Alexis is loving school so far, but I have to admit that when she got back on the first day I was very worried that she would be bored and not stimulated enough to keep her engaged. When I asked how her day went, she replied, very disappointedly, "We had a good day, Mom. But all we did today was sing the ABCs and count to 10. I already know that, Mom. When will we learn things?" The next day she got off the bus, and excitedly said before I even asked, "We learned things today, Mom! We learned new songs and got to do art!" I was just a bit relieved!

3.
Natalie is still doing her roller skating lessons, and is still loving them. There are days, though, that she struggles with things more than others (which everyone experiences). On one of these types of days she was really struggling with a new spin and was getting so discouraged with it that I could tell that she was about to shut down. Her teacher gave her a quick break, and Natalie came over to me and said that she was feeling frustrated, but she felt like she was in a funk and couldn't get out of it and that that was what was holding her back. Then she closed her eyes, took a few deep breaths and then opened them again. I was shocked at the difference in her eyes. They were sparkling again, and then she said, "There, the funk is gone!" She got up, went back out to her teacher and after a few more tries, she got the spin down! I was so proud!!!!

No comments: