It's about time I do an update about the last week plus

Natalie had a lot of fun counting down the days to Christmas. She had a blast moving the little star on the "Days 'Til Christmas" thing. And when Christmas Eve finally rolled around her excitement could hardly be contained. Which was really fun, because this is the first year where she really understood about Christmas and Santa. We tried to have the discussion about how Christmas isn't about presents, but more about the religious aspect of things and spending time and showing appreciation of family. I don't know how much of that actually stuck.... but then again, does it really stick with any kid? It'll have to be a continuing process.

Alexis never did get over her fear of the Christmas tree, but she loved all the pretty paper on the presents underneath it! Which caused a bit of an internal struggle with her. She was so much more in tune to things this year than she did last year.... which is understandable. It only took showing her how to rip open the first present before she got it. She really enjoyed ripping open the paper and then opening the package and playing with whatever toy it was she opened.


Peter and I enjoyed ourselves as well. We had a lot of fun watching the girls. Peter spoiled me rotten this year, even though he really shouldn't have! But then again, he kind of made out like a bandit this year too....
Of course there are a billion more pictures, but if I were to post all the great pictures we took, I'd be here for three days posting them and you'd be here all day looking at them, so this is just a peek into the wonderful Christmas we had this year.
New Years was fun. We didn't go anywhere but stayed home and brought in 2009 with Peter's parents and his brother, Charley and his girlfriend (his brother's not Peter's :), Kelsey. We put the girls to bed around 8 and then Charley, Kelsey and I whipped out the Skip-Bo. It was a lot of fun! We woke Natalie up around 11:40 so she could enjoy bringing in the New Year as well. She even got a small glass of sparkling cider to do a toast too. She really enjoyed watching the fireworks on the Space Needle. Once the fireworks show was done it was time for everyone to go to bed. I'd say we were all in bed by 12:30-1:00. And boy, at least for me, once my head hit that pillow, I was OUT!
So here's hoping that everyone had a fun and safe New Year! May 2009 be a prosperous, safe, wonderful year for everyone!
2 comments:
Ok, so I LOVE your new layout! It is simply adorable. Where'd you find it?
I have to ask...
Religious aspect of things?
Sissy, I didn't know you were religious...
Post a Comment