CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About Me

My photo
I'm me and I'm the best me I know! Tee hee. I'm a wife to the best man any girl could ask for. I'm Mom to the two most beautiful girls, Natalie (7 years) and Alexis (4 years)! Skruffy is our dog, whom we all love very much. I got my elementary education degree from Washington State University...Go Cougs!!! I enjoy reading and writing children's stories, listening to music, dancing (even though I suck at it), and spending time with family and friends.

Saturday, November 30, 2013

13 Things

On Facebook there was a challenge that when some body gave you a number, you had to share that number of things about yourself that people might not know about yourself.  I got the number 13.  It took me a long time to come up with 13 things about myself that I thought was both unique, and was willing to share with the world.  I learned a lot about myself doing this so it's an interesting process.

1. I love elephants! I think they are beautiful!
2. My favorite color is purple. Just NEVER pair it with gold! ... Purple is very closely followed by crimson/red as my second favorite color.
3. I hate conflict of any sort! I will avoid it almost at all cost. However, if I am riled enough to cause or get in the middle of conflict, watch out! I don't back down easily!
4. Politically, I look and research my options and vote for the person/idea I most agree and relate with. I tend to lean toward republican even though I was raised in a democrat house.  However I HATE discussing politics with people.  I feel it's almost too personal, and I feel that I believe what I believe and it's my own business.  Very rarely will I discuss politics with others outside of my circle of friends and family, and I rarely discuss it with them as well.
5. I truly care about other people and how they are feeling. Often times this means I will do anything to help them and help them feel better. I hate to tell people "no" even when I'm inconvenienced.
6. I've known how to spell supercalifragilisticexpialidocious since third grade.
7. I'm a reader. I love to read. But once I've started reading a book the first time, I'm absorbed in it. Every spare moment I have, I'm reading that book until it's finished. I will also not read a series of books until all of them have been written and released. Then I will sit and read them all. I have to know how things end!
8. The above being said, I will re-read a book I enjoyed multiple times, but I'm not as obsessed after that first read. Many times I'll immediately re-read a book/series after finishing, but slower the second time, and catch the smaller details I missed the first time through.
9. I like my coffee hidden in chocolate and with some fruity flavor. My favorite is black cherry mochas. Yummmmmmm!
10. I love my children unconditionally and irrevocably. But I refuse to stop and do everything for them.  They need to learn how to problem solve and figure things out for themselves, therefore, I will not make them the center of my world. That may sound harsh, but this explains what I mean exactly: http://themetzfamilyadventures.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-my-kids-are-not-center-of-my-world.html?m=1
11. My favorite number is 9.
12. I love to play cards. I'm excited that Natalie is finally getting to the age she can learn rummy and cribbage.
13. I worried too much in doing this about offending people (see #3 & 5 for reasons why). But this is me and take me as I am... (I wish it were easier to have that motto in life...)

No comments: