CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About Me

My photo
I'm me and I'm the best me I know! Tee hee. I'm a wife to the best man any girl could ask for. I'm Mom to the two most beautiful girls, Natalie (7 years) and Alexis (4 years)! Skruffy is our dog, whom we all love very much. I got my elementary education degree from Washington State University...Go Cougs!!! I enjoy reading and writing children's stories, listening to music, dancing (even though I suck at it), and spending time with family and friends.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Dr. Seuss's Birthday


Today would have been Dr. Seuss's birthday.  It's a holiday and a celebration of it's own, especially in schools.  All around the country, they are having a "Read Across America Day" to celebrate it.  Dr. Seuss was an amazing man, author, mentor, and friend to all kids!  Because I couldn't just pick 1 or even 10, here are my top 11 Dr. Seuss quotes. (There were so many to choose from! It was hard to narrow it down just to 11!!!)

11. “Young cat, if you keep your eyes open enough, oh, the stuff you would learn! The most wonderful stuff!”

10. “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”

9. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose.”

8. “Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.”

7. “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”

6. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”

5. "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you will go."

4. "Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh! the Thinks you can think up if only you try!"

3. "A person's a person, no matter how small."

2. "You're never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child."


1. "You are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! "I meant what I said and I said what I meant" you were a great man! Thank you for all the memories as a child and as a mother!



PS: The Boy of Fairfield Street is a great biography of how Dr. Seuss became Dr. Seuss.  If you haven't read it, I'd highly suggest it!  It's on my list of must haves for my classroom (or my own personal library)! 

No comments: