CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About Me

My photo
I'm me and I'm the best me I know! Tee hee. I'm a wife to the best man any girl could ask for. I'm Mom to the two most beautiful girls, Natalie (7 years) and Alexis (4 years)! Skruffy is our dog, whom we all love very much. I got my elementary education degree from Washington State University...Go Cougs!!! I enjoy reading and writing children's stories, listening to music, dancing (even though I suck at it), and spending time with family and friends.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Project

The past week I've been working on a project.  Natalie's skating dress is falling apart so I was looking at new dresses to get her for Christmas.  My goodness, they are expensive!!!  The cheapest one I could find was $55 + tax.  A little too expensive for my blood.  So I did some research and found a pattern online for a new dress.  Then I went into the fabric store and the fabric was a little too expensive, so I did more research online and found (what I thought would be) some fabric for much cheaper, so I ordered both the fabric, enough to make two dresses, and the pattern and waited anxiously for it to arrive.  When the fabric arrived, I was so bummed because the fabric wasn't stretchy (even though it was stretchy satin) and wouldn't work at all for the dresses.  I thought about it for a couple days and then decided to bite the bullet and bought the expensive fabric, again, enough for two dresses (one for Natalie and one for Alexis).  And with Kathy's help, I made them a skating dress each for Christmas!  I'm super proud of them and excited to have the girls open them on Christmas morning!  And the best part is, I have plenty of fabric (apparently I went a little overboard when buying it) I can probably make two more for when they grow out of these, or two more to sell on Ebay, or whatever!  


I tuned a bunch of this....


...into two skating dresses!  I'm super proud of them!  With Kathy's help, they turned out GREAT!

Natalie's dress
Alexis's dress
My favorite part of them.  They both will have the little button, I just haven't sewn on Alexis's yet.


1 comment:

Christel said...

Super cute!!! They look great, I can't wait to see the girls in them!