CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About Me

My photo
I'm me and I'm the best me I know! Tee hee. I'm a wife to the best man any girl could ask for. I'm Mom to the two most beautiful girls, Natalie (7 years) and Alexis (4 years)! Skruffy is our dog, whom we all love very much. I got my elementary education degree from Washington State University...Go Cougs!!! I enjoy reading and writing children's stories, listening to music, dancing (even though I suck at it), and spending time with family and friends.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas 2009

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and has some fun planned festivities to bring in the New Year! We all had a great, but semi-crazy, Christmas this year! There were the four of us, Peter's parents, Uncle Charley and Aunt Kelsey, Aunt Betsy and Uncle Justin, three dogs and two cats. Needless to say the living room was very crowded that day!

Santa treated the girls very well this year, which must mean that they were very high on the nice list! :) Their big gift this year was a bunk bed, which both girls were very excited about coming down and seeing the bed all set up and everything in the living room. They immediately started climbing on it! Alexis was ready for a big bed and there was no way we were going to be able to fit two twin beds plus their dressers and their toys in the room they're in and still have some floor space for them to actually play with their toys. So a bunk bed was a necessity! Good thing Santa knows about these kind of things! He also brought Natalie a kid's digital camera and Alexis an ABC train puzzle. With all the stuff that Santa and everyone else got them (and still yet to give them) you can imagine how spoiled they were!

The rest of us fared pretty well as well. Peter and the girls got me a very nice coffee grinder and some syrups to put in my coffees so I can have my favorite mochas right at home and stop spending the $5 per coffee that I've gotten addicted to! Peter got some new video games and CDs that he's been wanting.

I don't know about you, but it seems that there is always a lull in the present opening. A point where everyone is tired and a bit bored. So this year I got everyone a gift to help dispel that when it happens. When our lull hit everyone got to open their gift at the same time. What was this miraculous gift? Silly string of course! Haha we had a 10 (9 1/2-Alexis wasn't too sure what to think) person silly string fight! It was so fun! Yes, it made a huge mess, but the good thing about silly string is that it may look messy and difficult to clean up, but really it's quite easy; just pick up the string and the shop vac the small parts. As long as you're careful not to step all over it and squish it into the carpet, it really is quite easy and quick to clean up! The amount of fun we all had was totally worth it! I still have to get the pictures off of Bill's camera!

Our Christmas was great! Now I'm off to put together the slide show of pictures to post above! That should be up in a few minutes! Have a wonderful New Years!

1 comment:

Christel said...

AWESOME! Love the Christmas pictures and the idea of Silly String. I'm sure that kept everyone going. That would be super fun, might have to try that next year. Not because Christmas gets boring, but just that it would be a hit!

Sorry I didn't call you last night! I will try to call you today sometime!!!