CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About Me

My photo
I'm me and I'm the best me I know! Tee hee. I'm a wife to the best man any girl could ask for. I'm Mom to the two most beautiful girls, Natalie (7 years) and Alexis (4 years)! Skruffy is our dog, whom we all love very much. I got my elementary education degree from Washington State University...Go Cougs!!! I enjoy reading and writing children's stories, listening to music, dancing (even though I suck at it), and spending time with family and friends.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our Easter Weekend

This weekend was a lot of fun!

On Saturday, Peter, Natalie, Kathy and I participated in the Tulip Run. We ran/walked 2 miles (well, with the walk from the car to the registration place and then to the starting line of the actual race and back to the car, we probably did a total of 3 miles). Peter ran the 2 miles in 19 minutes 41 seconds. And then he rounded back to meet up with us. Kathy and I walked the 2 miles but we walked it fast. Natalie wanted to run the whole thing so we'd let her run a little ahead of us and then make her stop for us to catch up. Once I saw Peter up ahead I let her run to him and the ran and finished the race, again for Peter, at 32 minutes 28 seconds. Kathy and I finished at 34 minutes 35 seconds. Natalie really wanted a trophy, but didn't finish well enough in her age group, but we were able to convince her that she got a tulip trophy instead.... it helped that Peter didn't take one so that someone else, who otherwise wouldn't get one could and they had run out by the time Kathy and I got to the finish line, so none of us got one. But I was so proud of all of us. This was my first official walk and I had so much fun! I'm already signed up for another in May!

We also decorated Easter Eggs on Saturday. Natalie and Alexis had so much fun coloring the eggs. We kept it pretty simple this year and just worked with the dye and crayons. Maybe next year we can pull out some other supplies like tape, Q-tips, etc. We colored 36 eggs and they all turned out really great! I wish I had thought to take pictures during this, but I didn't even think of that at the time.

Then Sunday of course was Easter.

Natalie was so excited, she woke earlier than her sister.... a rare occurance. Because we're mean parents we wouldn't let Natalie go downstairs until her sister was awake, so we made her wait until the time that Alexis usually wakes up before we would wake her up.

When we did wake her up, she was groggy and needed some time to fully wake up.







The girls had a lot of fun looking for the eggs and candy the Easter Bunny left for them! Even Alexis got really into it, which surprised me because Natalie didn't until she was about three. I guess having a big sister to show you how exciting it really is, helps!






Hope everyone had as great of an Easter as we did!

1 comment:

Claire said...

I love your Easter pictures! Looks like you had a lot of fun on the Tulip Walk.