Peter and I were lucky enough to be able to get away for the weekend without kids! We went down to Maple Valley and hung out with the two bestest friends anyone could have: The Winkeys! Saturday night Jess and Peter went to the first Seattle Sounders soccer game. Christel and I got to have a much needed Girls Weekend!

On Saturday, we left Eli with the boys while we had just a girls day off! We first went to lunch and can I say, I am in love with Thai food! YUMMY YUM YUM YUM!!!!!! Then we went and got pedicures and manicures! Oh my gosh! I've never had a pedicure before and I was a little nervous about getting one because 1. I hate feet so I don't upkeep mine very well and I knew they were gross and 2. I'm SUPER ticklish on my feet. But let me tell you, it was HEAVEN!!! I could do with a pedicure once a week. Too bad finances wouldn't allow that :). And I think I'm addicted to having my toes painted! I've been running around sockless just so I can keep looking at my pretty toes! After the pedicures and manicures, we went to the dollar store and got some fun things for the Easter Bunny to bring. Then we had to get home so that the boys could leave for their game. We had dinner and after Eli went to bed, we had movie night. We watched Twilight, which, by the way, isn't half as good as the book. And then we played a little Guitar Hero before the boys got home.

Sunday, we continued our girls weekend by doing makeovers. I have recently got my hair cut, and I hated it. I've been trying to grow it out and it's in that awkward stage, but the lady that cut my hair did a horrible job and just made it worse than it was and couldn't (wouldn't) fix it without charging me for another hair cut because "I have so much hair" it would be like doing another cut altogether.... whatever. So I've been unhappy with it ever since and have been contemplating just cutting it all off back to short. But I thought I'd try dying it to see if maybe that will help. So I went darker, which again scared me because I've never tried going darker before. So we dyed it dark and then put in highlights, and I LOVE IT!!! It's more dramatic than anything I've tried before, but I absolutely love it. Christel also used her straightener on my hair and it made it not look so awkward! So I'm totally going to have to go out and get a hair straightener.

Of course, we couldn't not do anything with Christel's hair so she got her hair highlighted too! Aren't we a bunch of beautiful women???

After that, we all just hung out and had fun! Should I be jealous that there's another beautiful woman sitting on my husband's lap? If it were anyone other than Christel, I probably would be. That sounds bad, but its just that I 100% trust those two and I know there's nothing that I ever have to worry about. And besides, she sits on her own hubby's lap too!




So thank you, Jess and Christel! We both had an awesome, relaxing weekend! We can't wait to do it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment