CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About Me

My photo
I'm me and I'm the best me I know! Tee hee. I'm a wife to the best man any girl could ask for. I'm Mom to the two most beautiful girls, Natalie (7 years) and Alexis (4 years)! Skruffy is our dog, whom we all love very much. I got my elementary education degree from Washington State University...Go Cougs!!! I enjoy reading and writing children's stories, listening to music, dancing (even though I suck at it), and spending time with family and friends.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Holidays!

I know it's been awhile since I've posted on here, and even longer since I've done an actual update. Honestly, where has the time gone?!?!? I can't believe that it's been almost a month since Applecup (my last posting), it seems like only a week. But now that I'm thinking back, we have been pretty busy around here.

The Sunday after Applecup, Peter, the girls and I went to see a display of a bunch of professionally decorated Christmas Trees. That was a lot of fun. Some of them were gorgeous.... and some not so much.

This one was cool... I think it was my favorite!
Photobucket

If you can't tell, it had an electric train running through the middle of it...
Photobucket

And then there was these atrocious things....
Photobucket Photobucket

This last one was cool, just because of what it represented.
Photobucket Photobucket

And then the weekend after that, (or was it two weekends after that??? Anyway, Kathy was invited to go to a cookie exchange, so I baked and baked and baked a bunch of cookies. Kathy couldn't help because she had to work that Saturday, and was actually thinking that she wouldn't be able to go to the exchange at all because she couldn't bake any cookies. So I surprised her and baked ten and a half dozen cookies (three different kinds) and two different types of cookie bars. She was ectatic when she got home and found all the cookies. So she and Natalie got to go to the exchange, the next day, which of course, I had to work through, but it was worth it to see her face light up! That same weekend, Peter got the opportunity to go to a Seahawks game with Jess. He left us girls at home and went and had a boys day out. We didn't go, well, because I had to work.

This past weekend we FINALLY were able to get our Christmas Tree up! YAY! I love decorating for Christmas! I told Peter that when we have our own place again, I'm hiring someone to go buy Christmas decorations and show me how to decorate the inside of our house. I love the look of the nice Christmas decorations, I just don't know how to put it together so it would look nice.

Alexis was, and still is, terrified of the Christmas Tree. She'll look at it from a distance and say pretty, but you will not see her walking by it... which is kind of funny, because she has to walk by it to get to her chair so she can eat, which usually isn't a problem. This was as close as she'd let me put her to put her ornament on.
Photobucket

And here is Natalie putting on her ornament.
Photobucket

And here they are... my two favorite ornaments on the tree.
Photobucket Photobucket

Here it is, the tree all decorated. Yes it is a fake tree... which kind of bummed me out, but since it's not my house, I couldn't argue too much. In my opinion, real trees are the way to go! The lights are on, but you can't really tell in the picture.
Photobucket

Last but not least I'll end the post of pictures with this last picture... you can't tell me she isn't adorable!
Photobucket
And that is all for tonight. We had a snow fall this past weekend as well, and there are pictures to go with that. But that would make this post way too long, so keep an eye out above for a slide show of those! Hope all is well with everyone and you are having a fun, safe, holiday season! Which reminds me, I have to get the Christmas cards out.... I'm bad and haven't gotten them ready yet.... oops!

No comments: